This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Thursday 4 October 2012

Live, Love, Grow, Enjoy, Imagine, Create - OUAS September Challenge 4

Hi Everyone

I have really been looking forward to getting this layout finished and posted, as it really is a favourite of mine.
Once Upon a Sketch hosted their 4th Challenge for September and it was another great challenge.
Here was the challenge.


So here is my take on it.


This challenge really made me think about what I would put down for the journalling and so I had to soul search, but I am happy with what I wrote.

For the evidence, I used  a rub-on for my title, leaves and a book page.
For the testimony I used the inspiration word: Learn..

I did some ivy masking with gesso and then did some old school pencil shading around the area. I did the same pencil shading around the bricks.  On the bricks I also gave them texture with gesso and then coloured them with pigment inks.

Here are some close-ups to give you a closer look.




Materials used:
My Minds Eye Laudry Line Sundress Sweetness paper, with Follow Your Heart papers and chippies.
Kaisecraft Chapter One Rub On
Enmarc - Bricks and leaves
Prima and Petaloo flowers

Thanks for visiting today...
Your comments and inspiration is always welcome and much appreciated.
Have a super evening!
Denise x

5 comments:

  1. Love this Denise! All that shading really adds depth. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job.I love the clustering.
    Thank you for joining us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout Denise - really glad to see you exploring mixed media. Also wanted to thank you for all your participation and comment support at Berry Bleu - much appreciated...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure Helen.....and it's only my pleasure!
      Thanks for your support and kindness! ;-)

      Delete
  4. How pretty! I like the texture background you made with the gesso & your home-made bricks...both add a great touch to this page. Lovely page based on you...thanks for sharing your talent with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete