This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Friday 27 January 2012

Little Angel

Hi Everyone

I am often surfing the net and looking at scrapbooking sites and look for inspiration and great projects.  This one below caught my eye and I really wanted to try the stamping technique. Gabrielle Pollacco from Websters Papers demonstrated the stamping technique she used.  See this link if you would like more details:
http://websterspages.typepad.com/webstershome/2012/01/sunday-picnicshipping-this-week.html

Sun Kissed

Below is my layout created using the same stamp technique.  I also painted my picture frame with white and pink craft paint, and gave it a marbled effect.  I did some very fussy cutting (to quote the awesome Gerry van Gent) and used the cutout Poppies as my flowers.

The beautiful  Poppy paper used is Kand Company, and the photo matting is Glitz Design, Beautiful Dreamer paper. The stamp used was Pheasant stamps from Basic Grey and the 2 rub ons are Scrapbook King.



Here is a close up.


In retrospect, I think I might have used lighter cardstock than the shade of pink I used, but it turned out quite nicely. Maybe you might like to try this technique too.

Have a great scrappy weekend.
Denise x

1 comment: